Our curriculum aims/intends to:
- Enable pupils to become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics.
- Enable pupils to develop knowledge, master concepts and acquire skills, and be able to choose and apply these in relevant situations.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of our pupils and to prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
- Promote a positive attitude towards mathematic learning for all.
- Ensure equal access to learning through small steps for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil.
- To provide appropriate levels of challenge to understand basic ideas more deeply and reason to a greater depth.
- To support pupils through feedback and small groups.
- Equip pupils with the knowledge and cultural capital they need to succeed in life.
- Enable pupils to feel confident to make links between the knowledge they are acquiring and to be able to use their skills to develop their understanding.
At Loddon Primary School we follow the White Rose Maths scheme which is a clear, time-linked plan for learning.
White Rose Maths schemes are written for each year group, EYFS to Y6, and cover the whole school year of learning.
White Rose Maths, as of 2020, has also taken into account potential lost learning during the Lockdown period by adding recap lessons into their schemes of work. Teachers at Loddon will also be using these as part of the recovery curriculum when assessment of classes indicate this is required.
Online Learning Opportunities for Loddon Pupils
Times Tables Rockstars
Use this for regular times tables practice. Log in via ITS Learning or directly at play.ttrockstars.com
|Year 1 overview.pdf||Download|
|Year 1 Scheme of Learning Small Steps.pdf||Download|
|Year 2 overview.pdf||Download|
|Year 2 Scheme of Learning Small Steps.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 overview.pdf||Download|
|Year 3 Scheme of Learning Small Steps.pdf||Download|
|Year 4 overview.pdf||Download|
|Year 5 overview.pdf||Download|
|Year 5 Scheme of Learning Small Steps.pdf||Download|
Parents Workshop Maths November 2021
This meeting will provide you with information on Maths Mastery and how we teach Maths at school. It is being offered to families from Reception to Year 6.
Were you unable to attend the Maths Workshop for Parents if so the slides/ information are available below.