Nursery and Reception children follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework which sets out the learning and development stages for children from birth to five years.
Our curriculum enables the child to learn and develop skills, attitudes and understanding in seven areas of learning:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED)
- Communication and Language (CL)
- Physical Development (PD)
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Art and Design
The Characteristics of Effective Learning are also a key element in the EYFS. They detail the ways in which children should be learning from their environment, experiences, and activities:
- Playing and exploring – children investigate and learn from play
- Active learning – children are involved and concentrate and show resilience with challenges
- Creating and thinking critically – children explore ideas and make links
Children in Nursery and Reception also follow our Values based Education approaches and share in whole school events as part of our Loddon community.