Personal, social and health education (PSHE)
PSHE curriculum aims/intends to:
- Develop learning and results in the acquisition of knowledge and skills which will enable children to access the wider curriculum and prepare them to be a global citizen now and in their future roles.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils, preparing them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
- Our Relationships and Sex Education enables our children to learn how to be safe, and to understand and develop healthy relationships, both now and in their future lives.
- Hold children at its heart, through a cohesive vision which helps children understand and value how they fit into and contribute to the world.
- Ensure a strong emphasis on emotional literacy, building resilience and nurturing mental and physical health.
PSHE is taught across the school from Nursery- Year 6 on a weekly basis and as a school, we follow the Jigsaw PSHE scheme.
Jigsaw lessons also include mindfulness allowing children to advance their emotional awareness, concentration and focus.