PE is taught across the school from Nursery- Year 6 on a weekly basis twice a week.
PE curriculum aims/intends to:
- Develop competence to excel in a broad range of physical activities.
- Ensure children are physically active for sustained periods of time that help them to develop their health, fitness and wellbeing.
- Allow the children to experience a range of activities.
- Offer a high-quality physical education curriculum that inspires all pupils to excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness.
- Promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of our pupils by encouraging the values of fairness and respect.
- Ensure equal access to learning for all pupils, with high expectations for every pupil and appropriate levels of challenge and support.
- Form community links with local clubs/activity centres to allow children to take sporting interests further outside of school.
We use our Sports funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sport we provide.
Some of our Sports Premium funding is used to provide specialist coaching companies to deliver a wide range of sports clubs free of charge to our pupils. Some of these clubs give children opportunity to participate in competitions either in school or representing the school in the borough.